Please note, CLE Certificates for the program titled, Ethics 2020 – The Future is Now, will be emailed to webcast participants 7-10 business days after the live viewing on February 20, 2020.
Date: Thursday, February 20, 2020
Time: 2:30-4:30 p.m. CST
Place: The 2020 program is available via webcast broadcast live from the DePaul Center, Room 8005, One East Jackson Blvd. Chicago, IL.
Registration is required to attend the free program.
For questions, please call Clifford Law offices at (312) 756-7575 or email programs@cliffordLaw.com
Ethics 2020 – The Future is Now
Open a new decade with a look at where the legal profession is heading. As the Rules of Professional Responsibility evolve along with technology innovations, lawyers must remain competent as to how they impact their practice of law. This two-hour webinar will examine issues of which the lawyers of today and tomorrow must be aware. From non-lawyer referral services to jury research to social media consequences, this distinguished panel will discuss cutting-edge problems through hypotheticals. Some recent and proposed Rule changes that impact all lawyers across the state will be examined. Other topics include:
- Ethical Considerations in Boosting Your Client Reviews, i.e. Can I Solicit Positive Reviews?
- Can You (and Should You) Investigate Jurors Prior to Jury Selection or During Trial?
- The Right Way to Start a Law Blog? What ethical pitfalls should I watch out for?
- Post-Trial Communications with Jurors--Do's and Don'ts
- Does Email Tracking Violate the Rules of Professional Conduct?
- Is Jury Research on Social Media an Ethics Risk or a Competency Requirement?
- Can Lawyers and Judges Be Social Media Friends? How has this evolved?
- How to Respond to Negative Online Attorney Reviews Keeping Ethics and Marketing In Mind
- Limited Scope Appearances in Illinois State Courts
Robert A. Clifford
Founder and Senior Partner, Clifford Law Offices, Moderator
Northwestern University School of Law Faculty, former Chief of Litigation and Professional Education, ARDC
Mark C. Palmer
Chief Counsel, Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism
Honorable Clare J. Quish
Circuit Court of Cook County, First Municipal District