Please note, CLE Certificates for the program titled, Ethics 2020 – The Future is Now, will be emailed to participants approximately two weeks after the live viewing on February 20, 2020.
Date: Thursday, February 20, 2020
Time: 2:30-4:30 p.m. CST
Place: DePaul Conference Center, Room 8005, 1 East Jackson Blvd., 8th Floor, Chicago, IL.
This program is available via web and in-person at DePaul Conference Center. Please note, live seating is limited and the option to attend in-person will be removed from the registration page when seats are filled.
Registration is required to attend the free program.
For questions, please call Clifford Law Offices at (312) 756-7575 or email email@example.com
Ethics 2020 – The Future is Now
Open a new decade with a look at where the legal profession is heading. As the Rules of Professional Responsibility evolve along with technology innovations, lawyers must remain competent as to how these Rules impact their practice of law. This two-hour webinar will examine issues of which the lawyers of today and tomorrow must be aware. From non-lawyer referral services to jury research to social media consequences, this distinguished panel will discuss cutting-edge problems through hypotheticals. Some recent and proposed Rule changes that impact all lawyers across the state will be examined. Other topics include:
- Ethical Considerations in Boosting Your Client Reviews, i.e. Can I Solicit Positive Reviews?
- The Right Way to Start a Law Blog? What ethical pitfalls should I watch out for?
- Post-Trial Communications with Jurors--Do's and Don'ts
- Does Email Tracking Violate the Rules of Professional Conduct?
- Is Jury Research on Social Media an Ethics Risk or a Competency Requirement?
- Can Lawyers and Judges Be Social Media Friends? How has this evolved?
- How to Respond to Negative Online Attorney Reviews Keeping Ethics and Marketing In Mind
- Limited Scope Appearances in Illinois State Courts
- Fake-Based Discovery – What is it and how to watch for it?
Robert A. Clifford
Founder and Senior Partner, Clifford Law Offices, Moderator
Northwestern University School of Law Faculty, former Chief of Litigation and Professional Education, ARDC
Chief Counsel, Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism
Circuit Court of Cook County, First Municipal District